Monday, 12 April 2010

Kristie Muller



Kristie Muller
Canada
flickr blog





















Compared to others, what do you like better about the photographic medium?

I like how I don't need to set aside time to take photos. I can just go ahead with my life with a camera in the bottom of my bag and reach for it whenever I feel like it.


When I looked through your pictures, I felt as if I was being told a story, hence the question. Maybe it's only me, though. It reminded me a bit of Dito Montiel, too. So, if your were to convert your gallery into a movie, what would it probably be about?

Thanks. I'd like everything to unfold like a story. The movie would have the same plot. I think I'd make a series of silent shorts, each set to a different song. I actually really want to do that.


If you were to shoot portraits of your closest friends, how would you go about it?

I've been shooting a lot of portraits lately. Most of the time I'll sneak up on them. I like candid photos a lot more.


What catches your eye and urges to take a picture of it?

Ive always been really drawn to color. I have hundreds of pictures of just colors that I like. I've always wanted to arrange them into one huge gradient, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Other than that, just anything that I think is funny or striking.


Clearly, here is a concept behind this. Please explain.

Haha, that was just me and my old boyfriend being stupid. Glory holes are funny, and I like the colors in the blanket.


Also, what about all those naked people?

None of it's fully planned. It's usually just friends running around drunk in the summer. But, I do like nude photos a lot. I find clothing to be some what of a distraction (not for the obvious reasons).
Maybe it's because I also do a bit of styling and fashion photography. I like to keep the two separate. I'd rather focus on the person's character or their actual body's form, rather than the clothes.


Pools or oceans?

Oceans.


A magazine you like to read, but consider a 'guilty pleasure'?

Purple.


When you're 40, you will probably live in...

Hopefully somewhere warmer. I hate winter. It's beautiful, but it puts me in a shitty mood for 5 months. I really like some of the southern states, but I'd have to come back to Canada during the summer. I like it too much.


Paul Newman, Clark Gable or Cary Grant?

Can't decide.


Where are you heading to right know in photography?

I'd love to go somewhere. Or anywhere.



Hit the joker, be sure to visit her flickr and blog!


No comments: